Even though it is SO HOT outside, I still enjoy a warm drink in the morning to wake me up. We have lavender growing in our backyard and I wanted to use it in an easy recipe, so naturally I searched on Pinterest and found a lavender latte! It is a simple way to change up your daily coffee without having to spend a lot at a coffee shop! I adapted a few things to meet my dietary needs, but the original recipe is linked below.
- 8 ounces strong coffee
- ¼ cup coconut milk (they used half and half)
- 2 Tablespoons Lavender Syrup (recipe below)
- Dried Lavender for garnish
- ¼ cup dried lavender
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons water
- Add ½ cup water and ¼ cup lavender to a sauce pan, bring to a boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes. Strain out flowers and discard.
- In a clean saucepan, add ½ cup of sugar and 3 Tablespoons water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then stir in lavender liquid. Whisk until fully combined, remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer to storage container and keep in the fridge.
- Place milk into a microwave safe jar and heat for about 30 seconds, until warm. Tightly screw lid onto jar and shake for a few seconds, until milk is foamy. I used a mason jar with a plastic lid and it worked well!
- Place 2 tablespoons of lavender syrup in a mug. Pour hot, strong coffee over syrup. Top with foamy milk. Garnish with dried lavender.